Valero Planner in THREE RIVERS, Texas
Provides job plans for daily maintenance activities, prepares job packages, and provides planning assistance for emergency shutdowns.
- Represents Valero and provides leadership to customers and coworkers.
- Plans work orders that have been approved by the Operations Maintenance Gatekeepers.
- Plans the labor, tools, material, and equipment required for work orders.
- Estimates the cost for approved work orders.
- Contacts and provides all pertinent information to vendors for estimates.
- Writes requisitions for manpower, materials, and equipment for approved work orders.
- Builds work packages that include drawings, sketches, specifications, procedures, etc. that will aid the Maintenance Craftsman for all planned jobs.
- Maintains the task lists for equipment.
- Coordinates the scheduling of the approved maintenance work orders with Maintenance supervision, Operations, Safety, and the Purchasing Department to pursue maximum efficiency and cost management in a proactive manner.
- Tracks temporary repairs until permanent repairs can be made.
- Turnaround/Outage Planning and Scheduling (P6).
- During turnarounds, may be required to lead and direct contractors.
- Accumulates costs for reporting purposes on specific jobs.
- Sets up and maintains the Bill of Material (BOM) on equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree preferred.
- 3 years of planning experience in Refinery Maintenance required.
- Experience using computer-based planning and scheduling tools required.
- Experience working with Turnaround/Outage Planning and Scheduling (P6) software preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
About the Three Rivers Refinery
The Valero Three Rivers Refinery is located approximately 70 miles south of San Antonio, and in the heart of Eagle Ford Shale production. This economic advantage makes it an important link in Valero's operations in the Southwest. The plant, situated about halfway between San Antonio and Corpus Christi, Texas, began operations in 1974 with the commissioning of a crude unit and has had several major expansions and upgrades since then. The first expansion was in 1978 and 1979 when catalytic reformer and vacuum distillation units were added. In 1981, a fluidized catalytic cracking unit (FCC) and alkylation unit were added. In 1990 and 1992, the crude unit was expanded again. A continuous catalytic reformer was added in 1991. A hydrocracker unit was built in 1993, and a gas oil hydrotreater and hydrogen plant were moved to the plant site in 1995 and 1996. Additionally, a petrochemicals BTX extraction unit was added in 1996. Beginning in 2003, units were modified to provide the capability of processing medium-sour crude oil. The refinery is capable of producing a wide variety of products including gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, benzene, toluene, xylene, liquefied petroleum gases (LPGs), propylene, No. 6 fuel oil, fuel gas and sulfur. Due to the proximity of the Eagle Ford Shale formation, the refinery receives mostly local crude by trucks and pipelines. The finished products are mainly shipped by pipeline to the San Antonio terminals. The refinery also produces naphthenic lubricants/specialty process oils.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-TX-Three Rivers
Job Posting: Aug 7, 2018, 2:21:22 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18001DJ