Valero I/S Refining Technologist 2 - (Desktop Support, Sys Admin, Network Infrastructure) in THREE RIVERS, Texas
Provides support for enterprise information system infrastructure technology solutions by installing and troubleshooting desktop hardware and software, telephone equipment, network equipment and cabling, managing spare equipment inventory, and providing direct phone support of internal customers via Valero's Virtual Helpdesk line. Additional infrastructure duties such as server room management will also be performed as needed.
- Primary focus is to provide on-site support of computing equipment and software, including complex needs and analysis, configuration, installation, moves, and changes for supported locations. This includes the use of Valero's system to track support activities.
- Participates in information system infrastructure design and implementation projects as an individual contributor.
- Performs research and repair activity, including vendor coordination, necessary to ensure computer services for supported locations.
- Tests applications and equipment with minimal supervision.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify information systems.
- Manages spare equipment inventory and related documentation.
- Performs server room maintenance and management as needed.
- Provides support of computing equipment and software, to include moderately complex needs analysis, configuration, installation, moves, and changes for supported locations during and after hours.
- Works on moderately complex tasks for the design, development, maintenance and upgrade of information system infrastructure involving hardware, software, and system applications. This includes, but is not limited to: trouble-shooting, problem-solving, issue resolution, user interaction, training, defining systems scope, gathering requirements, documenting design specifications, research and fact-finding, configuration, testing, reporting, cutover, IS and business user coordination.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree - Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 2 years of experience in the following area(s): Microsoft products, to include Windows OS and Office suites, desktop hardware, and customer service required.
- Ability to successfully complete the TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) process required.
- Functional and technical knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7), Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.), and basic TCP/IP networking (DHCP, Gateway, Firewall, and IP tools such as ipconfig, tracert, and ping) required.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 14 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.73 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns all of the general partner and limited partner interests in Valero Energy Partners LP. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
About the Three Rivers Refinery
The Valero Three Rivers Refinery is located approximately 70 miles south of San Antonio, and in the heart of Eagle Ford Shale production. This economic advantage makes it an important link in Valero's operations in the Southwest. The plant, situated about halfway between San Antonio and Corpus Christi, Texas, began operations in 1974 with the commissioning of a crude unit and has had several major expansions and upgrades since then. The first expansion was in 1978 and 1979 when catalytic reformer and vacuum distillation units were added. In 1981, a fluidized catalytic cracking unit (FCC) and alkylation unit were added. In 1990 and 1992, the crude unit was expanded again. A continuous catalytic reformer was added in 1991. A hydrocracker unit was built in 1993, and a gas oil hydrotreater and hydrogen plant were moved to the plant site in 1995 and 1996. Additionally, a petrochemicals BTX extraction unit was added in 1996. Beginning in 2003, units were modified to provide the capability of processing medium-sour crude oil. The refinery is capable of producing a wide variety of products including gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, benzene, toluene, xylene, liquefied petroleum gases (LPGs), propylene, No. 6 fuel oil, fuel gas and sulfur. Due to the proximity of the Eagle Ford Shale formation, the refinery receives mostly local crude by trucks and pipelines. The finished products are mainly shipped by pipeline to the San Antonio terminals. The refinery also produces naphthenic lubricants/specialty process oils.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-Three Rivers
Job Posting: Apr 1, 2019, 10:55:09 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 190016Z
- Valero Jobs