CDM Smith Geologist 5 in Midland, Texas
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Independently performing field and technical tasks associated with oil and gas development work in west Texas and southeastern New Mexico.
• Representing CDM Smith with oil and gas clients and projects within the Permian Basin.
• Providing geologic support for water infrastructure and site civil programs, remediation and clean up plans for oil field spills.
• Performing spill prevention, control, and countermeasure (SPCC) and Stormwater program support for oil and gas clients.
• Actively participating or assisting in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, and new business pursuits/proposals.
• Planning, developing, coordinating, and directing a large and important project or a number of small projects with many complex features.
• Refining your project management skills.
• Coordinating and reviewing the work of a small staff of engineers and scientists (typically 5 to 10).
• Estimating manpower needs, and scheduling and assigning work to meet completion date.
• Performing complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques, procedures, processes, products, equipment, and methods.
• Developing and evaluating plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
• Assessing the feasibility and soundness of proposed evaluation tests, products, or equipment, when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.
• Usually performing as a staff advisor and consultant as to a technical specialty, a type of facility or equipment, or a program function.
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• 7 - 10 minimum years of experience since B.S.
• B.S. or M.S. in Geology or a related field.
• Requires the ability and expertise to perform field techniques and technical/scientific practices of oil field geology/hydrogeology from practical experience.
• Registration as a licensed Professional Geologist in Texas and/or New Mexico.
• Extensive knowledge of Texas geology including understanding of the Edwards Aquifer, Permian and Delaware Basins, and the Eagle Ford, and regulatory understanding of the Texas environmental cleanup/remediation framework, including knowledge of Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), Texas Railroad Commission (RRC), and Texas Water Development Board (TWDB), as well as New Mexico Oil and Conservation Division (OCD).
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Midland
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available: