BP Americas, Inc. Finance and Planning Analyst in Denver, Colorado
Finance and Planning Analyst
The role of the Business Unit (BU) Finance and Planning team, in conjunction with the BU leadership, is to maximize value from our assets while maintaining a strong control environment (in partnership with Accounting Reporting and Control and the BU teams) and ensuring accurate financial reporting.
The Finance Analyst is an individual contributor position, reports to the Eagle Ford BU Finance and Planning Manager, and works closely with the BU Development and Operations teams and the L48 Planning team. The BU Finance and Planning Team role is to 1) Coordinate and support the BU Business strategy and lead the plan; 2) Ensure decisions are value based and drive commercial acumen in the BU; 3) Manage the forecast, variance analysis, and prepare/coordinate monthly/quarterly accruals; 4) Performance Management: drive and integrate the BU Monthly Business Review process; and 5) Support BU Business Development Projects. As a member of the Finance, the Analyst will be part of a very collaborative group, where people are willing to step out of their roles to help others. Finance Analysts in L48 serve as trusted finance advisors to the business.
United States - Colorado - Denver
Is this a part time position?:
• Coordinate and support the BU Business strategy and the development of the BU plan including testing multiple scenarios for value maximization
• Support investment governance for the BU including capital allocation, economic evaluation, post appraisal activities, recommendations and interventions
• Provide accurate, detailed and timely BU performance management information - performance scorecards, monthly business review, etc.
• Prepare/coordinate monthly/quarterly accruals for capital, and operating costs as needed
• Proactively provide insight into the performance of the business through both standardized and unique analysis of BU and market results
• Support Portfolio Management and Business Development projects
• Actively work on continuous improvement of current and new processes as well as improved managerial reporting to support business decision making
• Support competitive analysis and benchmarking
• University Degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration from an accredited university or equivalent. MBA is a plus.
Desirable criteria and qualifications:
• Self-starter, works with minimal supervision
• Strong business acumen and data-driven decision making capabilities
• Ability to quickly analyze large volumes of data, recognize trends, develop solutions to business issues and recommend preferred alternatives. Experience with data analytics and visualization tools (Spotfire, Power BI) is a plus
• Ability to manage competing priorities
• Ability to effectively interface, influence and build alignment with individuals, multi-discipline teams and all levels in the BU and Region
• Effective communication and people skills; ability to develop and use informal networks
Knowledge of Aries is a plus
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
Application close date:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
United States - Colorado
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. ( Spanish version )
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement .
Essential experience and job requirements:
• Experience in Finance and Commercial roles with sound understanding of Upstream business.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location):
Minimal, but some travel may be required.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.