Chesapeake Energy Corporation Equipment Technician I in Cotulla, Texas
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This entry-level position is responsible for providing support to activities related to the receipt, shipment, organization, and allocation of materials in divisional inventory and storage facilities, under direct supervision. This includes entering, updating, and maintaining storage data records, as well as auditing and reviewing reports.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains flow of materials throughout the well-development process according to established guidelines and records movement of incoming and outgoing materials.
- Reviews work orders for accuracy of price and quantity.
- Tracks movement of materials from wells and/or yards.
- Receives materials into the system and verifies items against purchase orders/materials transfers.
- Provides inventory support through creating and submitting materials requests, receiving materials into inventory, and executing fulfillment requirements.
- Assists in consolidation/closure activities.
- Audits COI-owned equipment repairs and associated material transfers.
- Assists with the inspection/evaluation of equipment.
- Assists with the resolution of AFE variances.
- Supports inspection/evaluation of equipment
- Performs other routine clerical activities as needed to support the materials management function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Basic knowledge of materials management and accounting principles.
- Basic knowledge of tubular goods, rods, equipment, and general field practices.
- Ability to identify and evaluate materials in the field.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Minimum: 0 - 2 years related work experience
- Must reside or relocate within 85 driving miles of the office the position is posted for.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Our commitment to responsibly developing oil and natural gas in the Lone Star State begins with minimizing our environmental impact. We recycle produced water wherever possible using our Aqua Renew program and focus on collaborative, sustainable solutions to protect Texas resources. With growing operations from the Eagle Ford to the Barnett, we are among the state’s top three producers of oil and natural gas. Our investment in the communities where we live and work are also about people, and we proudly employ Texans and contract with Texas businesses.
Job Segment: Technician, Gas, Gas Technician, Clerical, Supply, Technology, Energy, Administrative, Operations