Chesapeake Energy Corporation Construction Technician II in Cotulla, Texas
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This intermediate level position operates a variety of power tools and other equipment involving physical labor at construction sites in order to assist in the safe and efficient operations of the site.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the controlling of traffic near, in, or around work zones
- Coordinates the determining construction material needs, ordering materials and scheduling delivery of materials
- Cleans or prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Uses portable cement mixers to mix, pour and spread concrete
- Ensures all codes are followed during construction and material acquisitions by outside sources to meet spec and design criteria
- Works with team members to set expectations and standards for contractor performances and ensure they understand and abide by all Chesapeake's environmental, safety and operation standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Specific Skills
- Knowledge of materials, method and tools involved in the construction of structures such as highways and roads
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of the people, data, property and institutions
- Ability to monitor operations and situations to ensure Q/A, QC and compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, policies, procedures, permits, governmental regulations, engineering plans, maps, job specifications, reports, and correspondence
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials
- Ability to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects to equipment or structures
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Minimum: 2 - 5 years related work experience
- Ability to possess a valid driver's licenses
- Must reside or relocate within 85 driving miles of the office the position is posted for.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Our commitment to responsibly developing oil and natural gas in the Lone Star State begins with minimizing our environmental impact. We recycle produced water wherever possible using our Aqua Renew program and focus on collaborative, sustainable solutions to protect Texas resources. With growing operations from the Eagle Ford to the Barnett, we are among the state’s top three producers of oil and natural gas. Our investment in the communities where we live and work are also about people, and we proudly employ Texans and contract with Texas businesses.
Job Segment: Construction, Technician, Engineer, Gas, Gas Technician, Engineering, Technology, Energy
Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation Jobs