Chesapeake Energy Corporation Chemical Optimization Advisor in Cotulla, Texas
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This senior-level position is considered a team lead. Responsible for monitoring and optimizing the company's production chemical programs. Will routinely coordinate with operations personnel and chemical vendors to ensure company assets are protected. Provides solutions to chemical-related issues and educates Operations personnel on any issues related to chemicals. Mentors and trains less experienced analysts.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors chemical usage to ensure correct applications and dosages.
- Monitors chemical levels in recycled water to ensure suitability for reuse.
- Assists in failure reduction efforts through application of chemical treatment knowledge.
- Gathers and prepares tracking and/or trending information regarding chemical usage.
- Maintains and updates records and reports under Federal, State and City mandated guidelines.
- Participates in regular District chemical program review meetings.
- Performs research in order to improve chemical applications throughout the company.
- Coordinates, communicates, and disseminates chemical usage technology and knowledge to operations personnel.
- Mentors and trains less experienced analysts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Demonstrate basic computer knowlege through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Advanced knowledge of chemical applications in production operations.
- Advanced knowledge of environmental impact/interactions of chemicals.
- Advanced knowledge of all company and local/state/federal regulations regarding chemicals.
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum: 15+ years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Our commitment to responsibly developing oil and natural gas in the Lone Star State begins with minimizing our environmental impact. We focus on collaborative, sustainable solutions to protect Texas resources. With growing operations in the Eagle Ford, we are among the state’s top three producers of oil and natural gas. Our investment in the communities where we live and work are also about people, and we proudly employ Texans and contract with Texas businesses.
Job Segment: Engineer, Sustainability, Engineering, Research, Energy