Chesapeake Energy Corporation Maintenance Planner I in Carrizo Springs, Texas
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The Maintenance Planner I is responsible for assisting with the proper scheduling and assigning of maintenance activities relating to surface production equipment, pipelines, electrical distribution systems, meters, field automation, pads, lease roads, buildings, and site security. Working with Foremen, the Planner will use defined procedures to assist in managing consistency, optimizing productivity and effectiveness, reducing costs and duration, and ensuring proper recording of maintenance activities. The Maintenance Planner I will also coordinate supplies, inventories, and tools used in maintenance. The Maintenance Planner I will help create and manage some Work Order functions, including Operations Task Lists and Maintenance Plans.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in routine preparation of work requests; assists with creating, planning, and scheduling Work Orders and may help review orders with Foreman and other Supervisors.
- Assists with routine tracking of ongoing field level data to confirm transactions are up to date in SAP.
- May help develop weekly schedule and assists Maintenance Foreman and other Supervisors in determining basic job priorities.
- Help create and manage basic Preventive Maintenance schedules and tasks lists.
- Coordinate with Procurement/Materials Coordinators and may assist with purchasing functions.
- Address equipment maintenance issues to include failure analysis with Foreman and other personnel.
- Assists in educating operations or facilities personnel in maintenance management.
- Participate in maintenance field networking and dissiminate regional learnings.
Job Specific Skills
• Experience in upstream AND/OR midstream Oil and Gas maintenance & planning.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• SAP Plant Maintenance experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree - from accredited university
- Minimum: 2 - 5 years
- Must reside or relocate to within 85 driving miles of the office the position is posted for.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Our commitment to responsibly developing oil and natural gas in the Lone Star State begins with minimizing our environmental impact. We recycle produced water wherever possible using our Aqua Renew program and focus on collaborative, sustainable solutions to protect Texas resources. With growing operations from the Eagle Ford to the Barnett, we are among the state’s top three producers of oil and natural gas. Our investment in the communities where we live and work are also about people, and we proudly employ Texans and contract with Texas businesses.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Job Segment: ERP, Electrical, SAP, Procurement, Sustainability, Technology, Engineering, Operations, Energy