Equinor Intern 2020 – Subsurface Geology in Austin, Texas
Intern 2020 – Subsurface Geology
Job ID: 14958
Location: Austin, Texas
Company: Equinor US Operations LLC
Contact Name: Julia Ramos
Discipline: Health, Safety and Environment
Education Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Preferred: Less than 1 year
Closing Date: Oct 112019
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Development and Production International (DPI) is responsible for Equinor’s portfolio of producing assets and planned field developments in all countries outside Norway and Brazil. DPI's intent is to build and grow a competitive international portfolio - always safe, high value and low carbon. DPI’s operates across six continents and implements rigorous safety standards, technological innovations and environmental awareness.
Under the general guidance of the Manager of Geology, Geophysics and Petrophysics, the Geoscientist Intern is responsible for the completion of a project supporting US Onshore operations with primary focus in the Appalachian Basin (Marcellus), South Texas Basin (Eagle Ford), or Williston Basin (Bakken) of the continental U.S.
The work is to be conducted in a safe, legal, and environmentally/socially responsible and effective manner, and in conformance with established Equinor guidelines, policies, procedures, and applicable governmental regulations.
The Geoscientist Intern will report to a Geoscience Leader and/or Geoscience Mentor with general guidance from the Geology, Geophysics and Petrophysics team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The key responsibilities of the Geoscientist Intern include:
• Gaining hands-on geoscience experience working on a project which will directly impact the business utilizing software and tools for subsurface interpretation, geophysical analysis, and petrophysical evaluation;
• Working directly with geoscientists and professionals in the different assets to experience how people work together as a team at Equinor;
• Developing skills with primary responsibility for project results under the direct supervision and guidance of an assigned, experienced mentor;
• Engaging with a mentor to insure final project objectives, goals, and deliverables are satisfactory and executed in a prudent and timely manner;
• Presenting and/or displaying project results in an end-of-summer management review session;
• Using the internship program as a gateway to explore job opportunities within Equinor.
• Senior Undergraduate or Graduate student pursuing a PhD or M.S. degree in relevant Geosciences;
• GPA above 3.0.
• Use foresight, and identify opportunities and challenges;
• Be imaginative, ambitious and stimulate new ideas;
• Challenge accepted truths and enter unfamiliar territory;
• Make clear demands on each other and push for constructive change;
• Understand and manage risk;
• Be truthful and act with integrity;
• Be curious, work together and share experience;
• Promote and value diversity;
• Communicate in a precise way, give and accept constructive feedback;
• Bring up ethical issues and challenges immediately;
• Deliver on promises;
• Continuously develop sound expertise, demonstrate commercial awareness and customer orientation;
• Strive for simplification and clarity, and focus on value-adding activities;
• Act decisively and be loyal to decisions;
• Show dedication and endurance, follow through and pay attention to important details;
• Cause zero harm to people and prevent accidents;
• Reduce the negative impact of our activities and products on the environment;
• Act within the law and comfortably within our own ethical policy;
• Demonstrate social responsibility and contribute to sustainable development;
• Respect the individual, help others to succeed and contribute to a positive working environment.
A global career kick start. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers across multiple disciplines and geographies; exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programs within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being are a priority and we appreciate that our employees have commitments outside of work. Whether for family or individual needs, flexibility is important to us all. We recognize that in order for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable.
An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger and an inclusive culture is a vital part of our working environment. Diversity for us embraces experience, competence, age, gender, education, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, and more – everything that helps shape our thoughts and perspectives. True inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
Equinor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English. Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Equinor Jobs