Chesapeake Energy Corporation Liquids Measurement Tech I in Cotulla, Texas
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This entry level position is responsible for the accurate measurement of lease tanks and liquid meters, under direct supervision. This includes ensuring liquids are safely, effectively, and efficiently moved from the well pad site to the purchaser. Serves as a field liaison between all departments involved in enhancing the company's liquid program.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Installs all new oil and water meters and other ancillary equipment.
- Monitors the oil production process during flow back of wells into fracking tanks and normal production.
- Assists with scheduling strapping of lease tanks in a timely manner and ensures data is sent to appropriate parties.
- Samples oil and performs grind outs as required by company standards and for use by reservoir engineering, emissions, equipment and piping sizing, etc.
- Works with transporters to schedule oil/water load pick-ups and ensures oil is sellable.
- Assists with inventory and rejected loads on lease tanks to help improve the bottom line.
- Coordinates with chemical companies to ensure treatment of oil.
- Performs and documents required equipment inspections while adhering to company standards.
- Works with lease operators to respond to call outs and alarms on liquid related equipment (tanks and meters).
- Assists with evaluation and testing of new software systems and field hydrocarbon liquid measurement equipment.
- Monitors and verifies liquid measurement data at assigned sites.
- Orders and stocks spare parts as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required.
0-2+ years of related work experience preferred.
Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of API measurement tank gauging procedures, liquid quality determination, L.A.C.T. unit design and operations, liquid meter proving techniques, oil production, and liquid pipeline operations.
- Basic knowledge of gauges, dials, or other indicators used to ensure machinery is in proper working order.
- Ability to think critically and evaluate solutions.
- Experience performing LACT and/or allocation meter proving's.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment in accordance with company policy and safety procedures.
- Basic knowledge of the oil and gas industry.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Our commitment to responsibly developing oil and natural gas in the Lone Star State begins with minimizing our environmental impact. We recycle produced water wherever possible using our Aqua Renew program and focus on collaborative, sustainable solutions to protect Texas resources. With growing operations from the Eagle Ford to the Barnett, we are among the state’s top three producers of oil and natural gas. Our investment in the communities where we live and work are also about people, and we proudly employ Texans and contract with Texas businesses.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Job Segment: Gas, Gas Technician, Engineer, Pipeline, Sustainability, Energy, Engineering